Sunday 15 February 2009

Proximus – a bit too close for comfort

My job requires that I spend most of my time on the phone. Sometimes it feels like everyone in the universe has my number and a burning question to ask.





Weekends used to be a time out when the familiar beep would signal not the interest of outsiders but good tidings from friends and the like.

Not any more. A promising beep this Saturday brought no Valentine greetings but apologies from Proximus for screwing up a few days earlier.

Fair enough but if you are guilt-ridden, apologise promptly. (I am by the way still expecting an apology for being grossly overcharged until the European Commission reined in some rules on mobile roaming). If not, don’t pretend. And most of all, don’t assume I want to hear from you whenever you see fit.

So, you have my number. I am starting to think that’s a bit too close for comfort…

No comments:

Post a Comment